Enfield vs Grays Athletic


Isthmian League North 2023-2024

The RDA StadiumBishop\'s Stortford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom

Grays Athletic
3 - 0
Final Score


The RDA Stadium

Bishop\'s Stortford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom


A scintillating display from Enfield ensured it was a winning start to the Isthmian North season for Jamie Cureton’s men. Luke Hirst opened the scoring for the E’sin the closing stages of the first half with a fine finish. Substitute Samrai Gebrai doubled the home side’s advantage on 76 minutes after rolling the ball home past goalkeeper Danny Sambridge before Sam Bantick wrapped up the scoring late on in what proved to be a convincing victory for Enfield.

The visitors came close to breaking the deadlock after just seven minutes. Aron Gordon’s cross fell into the path of David Knight, who struck his effort over the bar. Meanwhile, up the other end, former Grays striker Roman Campbell found his shot blocked before the rebound deflected wide from Hirst. Not long later, Enfield almost opened the scoring after Jamie Dicks’ cross was headed over by defender Jack Grosvenor.

Midway through the first half, Grays went in search of the opener once again, but Millar’s first-time volley was straight into the arms of Jarvis Monk. However, it was Enfield who had the better share of possession and in the 41st minute, thedeadlock was broken. Aaron Greene’s cross found Hirst in the middle, who was there to prod home past the goalkeeper.

The E’s went in at the break with a one goal advantage courtesy of Hirst. After the break, the away side were on the hunt for an equaliser and almost levelled on the hour mark. Millar spotted Monk off his line and almost found the back of the net with an audacious effort, but the E’s goalkeeper was able to tip the ball over. Meanwhile, with 18 minutes to go, substitute Samrai Gebrai found space on the edge of the area,but his strike was wide of the target.

Grays continued to look for a route back into proceedings, but Millar’s corner was headed over by Callum Leahy. However,seconds later, the home side scored a much needed second. Enfield skipper Danny Norton played a perfectly weighted through ball to Gebrai, who rolled the ball home to give the E’s some breathing space. With a minute to go, Millar’s curling effort for the visitors was struck just off-target which summed up Grays afternoon in front of goal.

In the final minute of the game, Sam Bantick added a third off the bench for the E’s. The forward, signed from Grays in the summer, capitalised on a defensive error before slotting home with a composed finish. It was Bantick’s second goal in as many games which capped off a fine afternoon for the E’s.


Enfield: Monk, Milner, Gipson, Grosvenor, Greene (Gebrai65’), Norton (Warman 78’), Campbell, Poku, Arthur, Hirst (Bantick, 83’), Dicks

Goals: Hirst (41’), Gebrai (76’), Bantick (90’)

Subs not used: Bishop, J. Johnson

Grays Athletic: Sambridge, Adeniji, Peart, Evans (Osei-Bobie 45’), L. Clark, Leahy, Gordon, R. Clark, Stimson, Knight(Onokwai 73’), Millar

Subs not used: Thackway, Damrell, Sery


Referee: Derrick Laing

Attendance: 249

Man of the Match: Jamie Dicks