Enfield maintain top spot following dominant display at Takeley

Enfield ended a brilliant week in style after a convincing3-0 victory away at Takeley. Alex Warman made the breakthrough with a brilliant flick before Louie Johnson doubled the lead for the E’s. Johnson scored his second of the match swiftly after to leave Enfield in a commanding position. The E’s held out for the win in the second half to remain top of the table.

Takeley started the game on the front foot and had the ball in the net after Charlie Martin slotted home but the assistant’s flag was up for offside. However, with ten minutes played,Enfield took control of proceedings by opening the scoring. Kieran Bishop pushed forward down the far side before crossing to Alex Warman, who was there to flick the ball home from close range.

The away side sprung into life and nearly doubled their advantage five minutes later but Tom Hanfrey’s free-kick was struck wide. Enfield made it 2-0 on the half-hour mark thoughafter Hanfrey’s throw-in was headed on by Dwade James before Solomon Ofori set up Louie Johnson to slot home. A well worked team move from the E’s.

Meanwhile, up the other end, Takeley went in search of route back into the game. However, Coby Miles’ effort was comfortable for Jarvis Monk. However, six minutes before the break, the visitors scored for a third time. Alfie Mason lofted the ball into the penalty area as James beat goalkeeper Matt Gill to the ball before Johnson pounced to score his second of the game.

Enfield continued to threaten in front of goal in the first half and almost added a fourth. Bishop squared the ball to James,but the forward could only strike wide. Takeley, on the other hand, had an opportunity to pull a goal back as Kieran Southgate crossed toward Martin, who headed off-targetmeaning the E’s went in at the break 3-0 in front.

Four minutes after the restart, Enfield came close to making it 4-0. Hanfrey delivered the ball into the middle which fell to Ofori, but the forward was denied by a great save from Gill.Meanwhile, Takeley started to provide more of a threat going forward but Fred Burrell could only head wide from Martin’s free-kick.

The away side had another chance to extend their lead midway through the first half. James played a perfectly timed through ball to Ofori, whose shot drifted wide. With 20 minutes to go, Takeley came close to finding the back of the net but Jordan Westcott was unable to latch onto Charlie Allum’s free-kick.

With the match heading into the closing stages, Mason almost scored his third goal in two games but his shot was hit wide. However, despite not adding to their lead in the second half, the damage was already done in the first half meaning Enfield made it back-to-back league victories.