Enfield force replay with Hadley following end-to-end draw

Enfield’s FA Cup journey continued for at least another game after managing a draw away to Hadley. The E’s made the perfect start early on as Dwade James slotted into the back of the net to keep up his superb goalscoring form in the cup.

However, in the second half, the home side found an equaliser in stunning fashion thanks to Andrew White which made it an interesting second half. Despite the numerous chances from both sides, neither could be separated as the match finished 1-1 meaning the tie would go to a replay.

The two sides started the match with a high tempo, but it was Hadley who had the game’s first opportunity. Solomon Ofori capitalised on a slip from defender Luke Wilson before squaring to Cameron Ferguson, but his shot was blocked. A few moments later, the two combined again as Ferguson curled his effort off target.

However, with nine minutes on the clock, Enfield made the all-important breakthrough. Olly Miles forayed forward as he played through Dwade James, who made no mistake in slotting home past Luke Ward. A huge goal for the E’s to make it Hadley 0-1 Enfield. Just a minute later, the away side almost doubled their advantage as captain Reece Conway pulled the ball across goal towards the path of Miles, but the forward couldn’t get on the end of it.

Meanwhile, up the other end, the home side came close to levelling up the tie. Andrew White delivered in the corner which was headed wide by Stephen O’Hara before Luke Alfano’s follow-up attempt was saved by James Bransgrove.The Bricks came close again midway through the first half as Ofori was played though on goal as he dinked the ball over Bransgrove. However, the E’s shot stopper got back in time to clear Ofori’s attempt off the line.

Both Hadley and Enfield were showing their attacking intent and the visitors continued to threaten in front of goal. Callum Ibe did well on the far side before switching the play to Miles as his cross was cleared. On the half-hour mark, Hadley were again close to scoring as White’s corner fell to O’Hara, but Bransgrove was there to collect.

Jamie Cureton’s men had the better share of opportunities and almost made it 2-0 on 36 minutes. Following some excellent work by James, the forward got past Bricks skipper Paul Wright, but his attempt struck the side netting. A minute before the break, the away side again continued to create more opportunities. Conway crossed the ball into the middle as the header from Ibe deflected into the arms of Ward.

Not long before the break, the home side had a chance to get level as White’s effort on the edge of the area was well kept out by Bransgrove. That proved to be the final chance of the half as the first 45 minutes ended with the E’s narrowly leading Hadley 1-0. However, the tie was still very much up for grabs with the home side only behind by the one goal and had plenty of time to get back into proceedings.

Four minutes after the restart, the Bricks almost made the perfect start to the second half as White tried his luck from distance, but his shot was just inches off target. Three minutes later though and the home side levelled the tie at 1-1. The ball fell into the path of White as his first-time strike whistled into the bottom right corner. A stunning effort from the full-backto make it Hadley 1-1 Enfield.

The goal from the hosts sparked them into the life and on 56 minutes, Ferguson had a shot from outside the area, but it was blocked. Meanwhile, Enfield were looking to re-take the leadhaving been pegged back. The free kick from Wilson was delivered into the box as James took the ball down well before seeing his effort blocked.

With 73 minutes gone at Brickfield Lane, White crossed towards the backpost into the path of Alfano as he headed wide of the target. As the match approached the latter stages, both defence’s remained resilient as neither side were able to threaten in front of goal. However, deep into added time, Enfield thought they should have been awarded a penalty after Ibe collided with ‘keeper Ward but nothing was given by the referee.

Following a lengthy amount of added time, the match came to an end as it finished 1-1 at Brickfield Lane between Hadley and Enfield. The two sides could not be separated meaning the tie will now go to a replay on Wednesday night at the R&D Advisors Stadium to settle the winners.