Enfield made it three wins from four in the league following a comprehensive 5-1 win over Sawbridgeworth. A brace from Dwade James as well as goals from Louie Johnson, Ryan Ramsay and Reece Conway helped the E’s defeat Sawbo for the second time within a week.

The home side started the match on the front foot and drew first blood with just five minutes on the clock. Full-back Benji Crilley played the ball upfield towards Dwade James as the striker took a touch before rifling home past the goalkeeper.

Seven minutes later, Enfield almost doubled their advantage. Alex Warman delivered in the free kick which was headed on by Jamie Cureton as the ball looked to have crossed the line. However, Cureton’s header managed to somehow stay out.

Swiftly after, the E’s had yet another opportunity to score. The corner was put in by Warman which fell to Reece Conway though his header was off the line. Enfield continued to push for another goal after Warman’s set piece was curled into the middle but ‘keeper George Edgeworth was down to make a save.

However, despite the hosts early dominance, Sawbridgeworth were awarded a penalty on 22 minutes following a foul inside the E’s penalty area. Teddy Hall, who scored in the reverse fixture a week earlier, stepped up and sent James Bransgrove the wrong way to equalise.

In the 28th minute though, Enfield re-took the lead and, in some style, too. The ball was cleared away but only into the path of Louie Johnson as he struck a first-time volley into the back of the net. A stunning strike to mark his third goal of the season.

On the half-hour mark and despite conceding again, the visitors threatened an equaliser as Billy Stewart’s effort was saved by Bransgrove. Meanwhile, up the other end, the home side had an opportunity to make it 3-1 as Vinny Murphy’s long ball was taken down well by Cureton before his shot was blocked.

As the match headed towards half-time, Enfield were awarded a spot kick of their own after James was fouled inside the area. James, the goalscorer of the opening goal, stepped up as he comfortably tucked away his penalty for 3-1. The E’s were ahead 3-1 at the break in what was a solid half’s work from the hosts.

At the beginning of the second half, the chances had dried up for both sides. However, with nearly an hour gone, the home side added to their already comfortable lead. James played the ball into the path of the substitute Ryan Ramsay as he drilled his effort home for four.

Ten minutes later and Enfield made it 5-1 to all but seal the three points. Johnson did well to pick out Reece Conway on the far side as the E’s skipper slotted into the bottom corner. A good night’s work for the home side.

With the game very much beyond doubt, new signing Samrai Gebrai was introduced, and he almost made the instant impact. David Cowley played a beautifully weighted pass into Gebrai but he dragged his effort wide of the target.

With 13 minutes to go, Enfield had a chance to add a sixth. Warman delivered in the free kick towards Crilley at the backpost but his header was wide. Though, it had no impact on the outcome as, in the end, the E’s ran out 5-1 winners.