Enfield recovered from a goal down to book their place in the final of the Errington Cup with a 3-1 victory over Hoddesdon Town.

Matt Walsh gave the visitors the lead before half-time but shortly after the restart, goals from Samrai Gebrai and Louie Johnson turned the match on its head as the E’s took a 2-1 lead. Dwade James wrapped up the game in the closing stages to send Enfield through to the final where they will take on Cockfosters.

Three minutes into the game and the home side almost took an early lead. Jack Cousins played an excellent ball out wide to Gebrai, whose low drilled effort drew a good save out of goalkeeper Liam Nugent. Moments later, Enfield came close again, but Jeffrey Cobblah’s shot was comfortable for the goalkeeper.

Midway through the first half and Enfield were having the lions share of possession and were unlucky not to have scored. Following some great build-up play down the far side from Gebrai, the winger set up Alex Warman on the edge of the area but his attempt drew an excellent save out of Hoddesdon ‘keeper Nugent.

The home side continued to provide a constant threat in front of goal but yet again struggled to make it count. Shortly before the half-hour mark, Bishop set up Warman from inside the area as he skewed his effort wide before a minute later, Tyler Corlett’s towering header crashed back off the crossbar.

However, despite Enfield’s dominance in front of goal, they were dealt a huge blow as Hoddesdon broke the deadlock on 41 minutes. Larry Asare-Bediako’s perfectly timed cross fell to Walsh, who headed home from close range. A goal very much against the run of play. Despite a very good first half showing from Enfield, it was Hoddesdon who were ahead at the break.

Five minutes after the restart though and the E’s were back on level terms. Cobblah played the ball out wide to Bishop, whose cross reached Gebrai at the backpost leaving him to prod home for 1-1. Enfield scored again shortly after to take the lead in the 55th minute. Warman played an excellent through ball to Louie Johnson, who rounded the goalkeeper before slotting into an empty net.

The E’s nearly added a third shortly after. Cobblah found space for a shot on the edge of the penalty area, but his attempt was kept out by Nugent. The resulting corner from Warman was headed wide by Jack Grosvenor. With five minutes to go, Bishop squared the ball to Cobblah, whose close-range strike hit the side netting.

Meanwhile, up the other end, Hoddesdon almost equalised late on but the shot from substitute Harrison Cage was put agonisingly wide. However, moments later, Enfield scored to secure the victory. Alfie Mason through ball was met by Bishop, who unselfishly squared to substitute Dwade James, who slotted home from close range.

In the final seconds of the game, the home side nearly scored a fourth. Warman was played through on goal, but his attempt was just over the bar. It didn’t matter though as the E’s ran out 3-1 winners to go through to the final.