Enfield picked up a much needed three points as they came from a goal down to defeat Cockfosters 3-1. Ruben Campbell gave the away side an early lead before Enfield responded through Jamie Cureton. The E’s forward scored his second of the game later on in the first half before completing his hat-trick after the restart.

With just seconds on the clock, the home side almost broke the deadlock after Kieran Bishop’s cross fell to Cureton, whose header was kept out by ‘keeper Charlie Mann. However, in the 2nd minute, the away side went in front after Campbell’s long-range strike found its way into the back of the Enfield net.

Five minutes later, Enfield were looking to respond to going behind, but Reece Conway’s volley was well over the bar. However, with 18 minutes played, the E’s soon found an equaliser. After some brilliant work down the near side, Bishop got past the Cockfosters defence before squaring to Cureton, who was there to tap home from close range.

Meanwhile, up the other end, Cockfosters came close to retaking the lead after Reece Barrett’s free kick curled over the wall but was collected by Emanuel Nwosu. Just moments later though and Enfield squandered an opportunity to go in front. The ball fell kindly to Bishop on the edge of the area, but his shot cannoned off the post.

The home side had made a huge improvement since levelling the game and were once again unlucky not to score. Cockfosters had Mann to thank after Jeffrey Cobblah’s low driven shot was kept out before the follow-up fell to Cureton, who was denied his second of the afternoon.

A minute later, the captain Conway delivered in an excellent cross towards Louie Johnson at the backpost, who poked the ball into the side netting. However, four minutes before the break, Enfield turned the deficit around to take a 2-1 lead. Johnson’s effort came back off the crossbar before falling nicely for Cureton to prod home.

A minute after the restart, Enfield were close to making it 3-1 after Cureton played through Johnson, who skewed his effort wide. Meanwhile, Cockfosters went in search of an equalising goal, but Reece Mosanya’s shot drifted off target.

However, on 54 minutes, the E’s added a third as Cureton completed his hat-trick. The ball fell to new signing Jeffrey Cobblah, who rounded Mann before crossing towards Cureton, leaving him to head home on the line. The E’s looked on course to secure a big three points.

With 13 minutes to go, Cockfosters were close to pulling a goal back. Substitute Fred Agyemang was played through on goal as he looped the ball over Nwosu but his effort drifted off target. Meanwhile, a few moments later, Cobblah crossed the ball towards Ryan Ramsay, who struck wide.

It didn’t matter though as Enfield held out for the win to end a run of back-to-back draws in the League.