Enfield progressed to the semi-finals of the Errington Cup with a comfortable 3-0 victory at home to Sawbridgeworth. Jeffrey Cobblah put the E’s ahead early in the first half before Kieran Bishop added a second shortly before the break. After the restart, Ryan Ramsay wrapped up the scoring to secure Enfield’s passage into the last four.

The E’s dominated the opening exchanges and came close to going in front on three minutes. Bishop slid the ball through to Joshua Luther, whose shot was parried before the follow-up effort from Bishop was kept out by goalkeeper Jimmy Parker. However, not long later, the home side made the breakthrough. Following some excellent build-up play on the far side, the ball fell to Cobblah in the six-yard box, who found the back of the net.

The home side continued to be the much better side and nearly doubled their advantage in the 19th minute. Bishop dispossessed Freddie Griffiths on the edge of the Sawbridgeworth penalty area but his attempt was put wide of the target.

Meanwhile, up the other end, the away side had their first real effort on goal. The free kick was delivered in by Sawbo which was almost headed in by Enfield captain Reece Conway. However, the ball drifted inches wide. A few moments later though and the visitors almost levelled the game at 1-1. Morgan Arnold played the ball to Ethan Barton, whose powerful drive was put just off-target.

Midway through the first half and Enfield came close to making it 2-0. Cobblah crossed the ball into the path of Bishop, who controlled well before striking over the bar. As the half progressed, neither side had been able to provide much threat in front of goal with Enfield still holding onto their 1-0 advantage.

Two minutes before the break and Sawbridgeworth had a chance to equalise after Teddy Hall’s shot deflected wide. However, the home side doubled their advantage right on half-time. Tyler Corlett played a perfectly timed ball through to Bishop, who slotted home past the goalkeeper.

Enfield were very much in full control of the tie heading into the second half, leading 2-0. However, Sawbridgeworth were not yet out of it and a goal back would no doubt give them plenty of belief. The visitors came close four minutes after the restart, but Arnold’s shot was blocked by Corlett.

Five minutes later, the away side had another chance to pull a goal back. Khadean Campbell crossed into the middle towards Arnold, who was unable to latch onto the end of it. Sawbridgeworth were looking the much better side in the second half, but Arley Barker’s long-range strike was well over the bar.

However, in the 65th minute, Enfield made it 3-0 to very much put the game beyond doubt. Following some great build-up play, Toby Barlow crossed the ball into the middle as Cobblah set up Ramsay, who fired into the roof of the net. A well worked goal from the E’s to cap off a perfect night’s work.

Neither side were able to add to the scoreline with the home side doing well to see out the game. The match ended 3-0 to Enfield, which books their place in the semi-finals. The E’s will be at home to Hoddesdon Town in the next round to have an opportunity of making it through to the final.