Enfield fell to back-to-back 1-1 draws in the space of a week after a dismal performance at home to Woodford Town. Dwade James gave the home side an early lead before they were pegged back later in the half thanks to a goal from Jovan Shand-Aldridge. The result leaves the E’s in 7th whilst Woodford sit 14th.

The match got off to a slow start and it took until the seventh minute for the opening attempt on goal. Louie Johnson played the ball towards Dwade James, who got past the onrushing Eddie Allen before rolling into the back of the net. The perfect start from Enfield as James marked his return from injury with a goal.

Meanwhile, on 16 minutes, Woodford Town had their first shot of the match after Samuel Dodoo’s long range effort was gathered by Emanuel Nwosu. Just seconds later, Dodoo threatened again for Town by once again, his shot was easy for the goalkeeper.

However, two minutes later, Enfield came close to doubling their advantage. Roman Michael-Percil’s pass fell to Kieran Bishop, whose deflected shot was kept out by Allen. Midway through the first half though and the away side equalised. Woodford pushed forward as the ball fell to Jovan Shand-Aldridge, who slotted home from close range.

The Woodford equaliser very much woke up the away side, but no one was able to get on the end of Alejandro Machado’s free kick on the half-hour mark. However, three minutes later, Johnson intercepted possession for Enfield as he slid a perfectly timed pass into the goalscorer James, but his shot was too easy for the goalkeeper.

Six minutes before the break and Woodford continued to threaten after Dodoo took the ball down with ease before shooting straight at Nwosu. However, in the closing stages of the first half, the E’s looked the more likely of the two sides to take the lead. Firstly, Bishop’s effort was straight at the goalkeeper before moments later, Michael-Percil found space for a shot on the edge of the area but drew a good save out of Allen.

Both sides couldn’t be separated in the first half as the score was 1-1 at the break. However, 11 minutes into the second period, Woodford were awarded a penalty after Dodoo was adjudged to have been brought down in the box. William Swaine stepped up from 12 yards, but Nwosu went the right way to keep out his spot kick.

Meanwhile, just shy of the hour mark, Enfield begun to threaten for the first time in the second half after Michael-Percil crossed towards Johnson, whose attempt was blocked. Shortly after, Alfie Mason’s corner reached Johnson at the backpost but his effort was well defended from a tight angle.

Up the other end, Woodford broke away on the counterattack at the midway point of the second half, but Dodoo was once again denied by Nwosu. With 16 minutes to go, Enfield had an opportunity to take the lead. Michael-Percil made a darting run down the far side as he crossed towards Bishop, but Allen gathered his shot with ease.

Three minutes later, Woodford almost found themselves in front after Jack Yates’ attempt almost found his way into the back of the net, but Nwosu was there to gather. Woodford were the much better side heading into the closing stages and came close again, but full-back Montel McKenzie’s effort was fired over the bar.

McKenzie had another chance a few minutes later but Enfield once again relied on the goalkeeping of Nwosu to keep the score level at 1-1. In the end, neither side were able to find a winner meaning the points were shared.