Enfield’s journey in the FA Cup came to an end at the 2nd qualifying round stage following a 4-0 defeat at home to Billericay Town.


Bradley Stevenson gave the visitors the lead in the first half despite a positive first half display from the E’s. However, in the second half, Alfie Cerullinetted a hat-trick for Billericay to seal what proved to be a comprehensive afternoon for the Isthmian League side.

The home side made a strong start to the game and came close to taking the lead on nine minutes, but Alex Warman’s free-kick was just off-target. Enfield continued to be the better side as the half progressed and nearly broke the deadlock once again. Samrai Gebrai’s cross fell to Danny Norton, who saw his initial effort blocked before striking the crossbar on the rebound.

However, despite the positive start from the E’s, the away side broke the deadlock with one of their first attempts on goal. The ball was crossed into the middle towards Bradley Stevenson, who had himself an easy finish from close range to make it 1-0. Stevenson almost added a second swiftly after,but his shot was blocked.

Meanwhile, up the other end, Enfield went in search of an equaliser, but Dwade James was unable to latch onto Warman’s corner towards the backpost. Billericay continued to threaten but Christopher Dickson’s attempt was kept out by Bransgrove before the home side broke away on the counterattack which ended in James failing to put home Ayo Odukoya’s cross.

Billericay continued to threaten in front of goal and had plenty of opportunities to add a second before the break. Firstly, Cerulli slid the ball through to John Ufuah which fell just past the post before Dickson’s effort on the stroke of half-time was put wide. Despite a good start from the E’s, the away side were much in the driving seat heading into the break.

However, seven minutes after the restart, Billericay doubled their lead thanks to Cerulli, who netted his first of the game with a perfectly placed finish. Moments after, Enfield almost pulled a goal back, but Harry Seaden did well to keep out Warman’s effort before the resulting corner was headed wide by Norton.

12 minutes into the second half and the away side made it 3-0 to all but put the game beyond reach of Enfield. Cerulli was in the right place at the right time to tap the ball into an emptynet. Billericay continued their search for yet more goals, but Bransgrove was once again on hand to keep the score down after denying Eze Ebuzoeme.

Meanwhile, midway through the second half, Enfield came close to pulling a goal back but the shot from substitute Ibrahim Kehinde deflected off-target. With 16 minutes to go, the visitors added a fourth to complete a rampant afternoon as Cerulli completed his hat-trick with an excellent finish.

In the final minutes of the game, the E’s were awarded a penalty after Aaron Greene was fouled inside the area. Kehinde stepped up but saw his spot kick saved by Seadenbefore being denied on the rebound to keep the clean sheet intact for Billericay. The result ensured the visitors would be in the 3rd qualifying round of the FA Cup while Enfield’s remarkable run came to an end.