It was a frustrating day at the office for Enfield as they were held to a goalless draw at home to St Margaretsbury.Both sides managed very little in front of goal on a day where it just wasn’t to be for the E’s as the match ended 0-0.

The game got off to a quiet start as the two sides looked to settle into proceedings. It wasn’t until the 11th minute wherethe first attempt on goal came, which was the way of Enfield. Captain Reece Conway crossed into the path of Olly Miles, who headed off-target.

The home side were soon beginning to gain momentum and four minutes later came close to scoring. Alex Warman delivered in the corner for Enfield as the header from defender Jack Grosvenor was saved by the goalkeeper.

Shortly after, the E’s had another shot on goal. The ball was played into the path of Louie Johnson, whose effort drifted wide. Enfield’s dominant spell in front of goal continued into the 21st minute as Miles found space for shot on goal but his attempt was wide of the target.

Meanwhile, up the other end, the away side had their first effort in front of goal. However, the shot from Rodney Clements was blasted well over the bar. With a little over half-an-hour played, Miles played the ball through to Johnson though he was tackled off the ball at the last moment.

Seven minutes before the break, yet another chance went begging for the home side. After some great build up play from Miles, the forward played a lovely ball to Samrai Gebraithough his attempt was over. The first half ended with the game deadlocked at 0-0.

Two minutes after the restart, the away side came close to taking the lead. Lawrence Ajong was fed through on goal, but James Bransgrove made an excellent save. Moment later, Conway put in a delightful cross towards Gebrai, whose looping header was inches over.

Enfield once again continued to push for a goal, but it just wasn’t going their way. Gebrai played the ball down the line to Ryan Ramsay as his attempted cross deflected into the side netting.

However, in the 72nd minute, the home side had undoubtedly the best opportunity of the match. The ball fell to Miles as the striker’s curling effort was kept out brilliantly by Matthew Boylan. Once again, another opportunity that evaded the E’s.

With 12 minutes to go, Benji Crilley played an excellent ball through to Conway though his shot was blocked by the onrushing Boylan. Not long later and the home side kept pushing as Conway passed to Miles but his shot on the edge of the area was inches over.

That soon proved to be the final attempt of a disappointing afternoon as the match finished goalless. A difficult result for the E’s as they struggled to take advantage of their dominance in possession.