Enfield extended their lead at the top of the Essex Senior League to 11 points after coming from behind to see offBuckhurst Hill 6-1.

Hassan Nalbant put the Stags in front but goals from Aaron Greene and Solomon Ofori soon turned the game on its head. The E’s added to their lead in the second half thanks to Kieran Bishop and Louie Johnson while Ofori and Greene each scored again to secure a comfortable victory.

The opening exchanges proved to be very cagey affair with both sides defending well. However, the match soon sprunginto life after the hosts were awarded a free-kick which Sonny Shilling put wide of the target. Meanwhile, up the other end, Enfield came close to breaking the deadlock. Bishop did well to win back possession inside the penalty area before setting up Gavin Cockman, who could only see his effort strike the woodwork.

Midway through the first half, Buckhurst Hill made the breakthrough. Oliver Williams played a perfectly timed through ball into the path of Nalbant, who kept his composure and found the bottom corner. The home side’s lead lasted just four minutes though as Enfield equalised. Goalkeeper Oliver Keil failed to deal with Cockman’s throw-in which fell kindly for Greene to score into an empty net.

Shortly after scoring, Enfield almost went in front. The ball was crossed into the path of Jack Grosvenor, whose header cannoned off the crossbar before minutes later, Bishop’s shot was struck just off-target. However, four minutes before the break and the E’s took the lead for the first time. Cockman headed the ball into Ofori’s path, whose attempted cross flew into the back of the net much to the surprise of the goalkeeper.

In the closing stages of the half, Alfie Mason crossed the ball towards Grosvenor, but his header was well kept out by Keil.Nonetheless, the E’s held a 2-1 lead going in at half-time. Five minutes after the restart, Buckhurst Hill came close to equalising. Shilling’s pass found Williams, but his effort was put wide.

Enfield then doubled their advantage just minutes later. Oforiplayed the ball out wide to Bishop, who was in acres of spaceon the edge of the area before firing into the roof of the netwith a wonder strike. Enfield almost made it 4-1 with just over an hour played. Ofori made a great run into the penalty area before shooting wide of the target.

Buckhurst Hill came close to pulling a goal back midway through the half, but Bradleigh Rowland’s low driven strike was well saved by Jarvis Monk. The home side had another opportunity to score shortly after but once again Monk made a brilliant save to keep out Jake Moss’ free-kick.

Meanwhile, the visitors continued to dominate in front of goal and were unlucky not score a fourth. Substitute Dwade James fed through Ofori, whose shot was kept out by the goalkeeper. However, Ofori wasn’t to be denied again. With seven minutes to go, the forward was in the right place at the right time to slot home following a perfect delivery from Mason.

Enfield were awarded a penalty in the closing stages after James was brought down in the box. Louie Johnson stepped up and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way. The away side soon added a sixth with almost the final kick of the game. David Brookman headed the ball straight into the path of Greene, who turned before finding the bottom corner to wrap up a excellent night of football from the E’s.